As a special preview of the LA Baby Show, coming up on the weekend of November 5-6, we have interviewed or profiled many of the Show’s vendors and participants. You can read all about them on this Show blog, but of course the real fun is experiencing the Baby Show in person.
Tickets to the Baby Show are $30 per family, and $20 per individual, and can be purchased here.
The products you use to dress, entertain and move your children have to be of the highest quality. They must combine incredible functionality, stylish design, comfort and safety for your child. UPPAbaby meets and exceeds that standard with their array of baby and childcare products.
We spoke with Sarah Hines, PR Director of UPPAbaby, to learn more.
For someone unfamiliar with UPPAbaby, how would you describe the company’s mission and core offerings?
The UPPAbaby mission is to make the smartest strollers, car seats and juvenile gear available: intuitively designed, stylish and sleek, with the features and functions new parents want—plus innovations they never knew were possible. UPPAbaby is committed to providing customer service that is as exceptional as the company’s products.
The UPPAbaby core offerings include three stroller lines and a car seat line:
- VISTA stroller
- CRUZ stroller
- G-series travel stroller line – the G-LITE, G-LUXE and G-LINK
- MESA infant car seat
What is the background of UPPAbaby? When did it start and how has it evolved since then?
Drawing on two decades of experience in the juvenile, sports and automotive industries, Lauren and Bob Monahan founded UPPAbaby in 2006. A husband and wife team with three young children, the Monahan’s wanted to create products that make life with babies and kids simpler, more fashionable, functional, and even more fun. Headquartered in Massachusetts, U.S., UPPAbaby products are available in more than fifty countries worldwide.
What are the most popular and/or newest services and products from UPPAbaby?
- UPPAbaby Tune-UP, Gear-UP – calling all new and expectant moms! It’s the perfect time to get a unique maintenance service for your existing UPPAbaby gear. Haven’t made the stroller and car seat decision yet? The Tune-UP, Gear-UP events provide hands-on product demos by the team of experts at UPPAbaby. Just like maintenance extends the life of a car, routine maintenance will extend the life of UPPAbaby gear. As your UPPAbaby grows with your family, UPPAbaby wants to be a part of the journey and provide a hands-on, one-of-a-kind experience and stroller maintenance service to help keep you strolling happy. Can’t make it to an event? Download handy cleaning tips, which will help you service your stroller at home. At select locations, a car seat expert will be on-hand to answer all questions from installation, to travel, to when to transition.
- UPPA Gives Back – UPPAbaby is committed to giving back to families in need and providing safe transport for families. UPPAbaby donates money and products to those in need, and we volunteer so we can pay it forward.
- UPPAbaby created the UPPA Gives Back program to create partnerships with non-profit organizations that share the same mission of providing funds, services and essential products to families in need. Over the past five years, UPPA Gives Back has donated more than $1 million worth of strollers, car seats and accessories through national partnerships like:
- TODAY Holiday Toy Drive
- GOOD+ (formerly Baby Buggy), providing education, essential items and resources to families in need.
- Safe Kids, dedicated to worldwide children’s safety, with a child passenger safety focus.
- Room To Grow, dedicated to enriching the lives of babies born into poverty throughout their critical first three years of development.
- National MS Society, Boston Climb to the Top, volunteerism, sponsorship and participation.
- UPPAbaby is celebrating its 10th year!
- MESA in Henry – first-to-market naturally fire retardant car seat.
- G-LINK Stroller: The newest to hit the market, the versatile G-LINK lightweight double stroller makes juggling two kids a breeze.
- Side-by-side seats with independent one-handed adjustable recline with four positions.
- Infant Support Systems that include a fully reclined seat combined with infant-head support, a mesh foot barrier, and an independent adjustable footrest support.
- Large independent canopies with extendable SPF 50+ sunshade.
- Four sets of wheels vs. six for optimal maneuverability.
- Single-action brake with simple, one-action fold.
- Stands when folded.
- Suitable from birth up to 50 lbs., for a combined total weight of up to 100 lbs.
What sets UPPAbaby apart from other stroller and baby companies on the market?
Every UPPAbaby product is built to the highest standards of quality and safety. UPPAbaby integrates smart features and innovative design to make products versatile, adaptable, and easy to use, making a true fusion of form, style and function. In addition, UPPAbaby is committed to providing exceptional customer service. Your relationship with UPPAbaby doesn’t end at the time of purchase. UPPAbaby values cherishes your relationships with customers, retailers, and partners. The company stands by the quality of products they make.
What can parents expect from UPPAbaby at the New York Baby Show?
Parents can expect a team of UPPAbaby experts excited to show them the UPPAbaby product line and tell the UPPAbaby story. Parent can see firsthand and demo the products, and ask all the questions they have to make sure they are making the right choice to fit their lifestyle as a growing family.
To find out more, check out uppababy.com!